Marring in a Catholic Church

Over the last 8 years we at JK have helped many couples from many different countries marry in the Catholic Church here on the Costa del Sol.

We have a very good relationship with all our priests, and so they are happy to work with us to achieve a ceremony that works for all parties.

What do you need to do for a Catholic Church Marriage here in Spain?

First meet with your parish priest to discuss your plans to marry aboard and make sure he is happy to help with paperwork.

You must complete a marriage course and have the certificate of completion.

A Letter of Freedom to marry certificate this varies from country to country but your priest should be able to advise on this.

Birth Certificate Long version

A recently issued copy of your Christening Certificates

A recently issued copy of your Confirmation Certificate


Inter Church Marriage 

When a Catholic wishes to marry a Christian of another denomination they must ask for a dispensation from their local bishop. You will need to speak to your priest about this.


 Inter Faith Marriage

When a Catholic wishes to marry a person who is not baptised, or who is a member of another faith, they must seek a dispensation from the bishop. This is called a Disparity of Cult dispensation


State Regulations

Your priest will be able to advise you on this as it is different in different countries.


Marriage Certificate.

Once you are married in the church here in Spain the marriage must be registered at the court, we at JK will take care of this, we take the church paperwork to the court, complete all the necessary forms, and collect your marriage certificate we will then send this to your registered post to an agreed address. This is an international certificate so you can use this as proof of marriage for all documents change of name, bank account, etc…